Thursday, September 4, 2008

All Worku and No PaaTee

Studying abroad is what it is! It's not a semester off as some kids might say.

Anyways, I had my other two classes the other day. That included "Japanese Art", which is a low upper-level art history class covering Japanese art from the dawn of time up until now. Crrrazy. Then about three hours later I have "Youth and Deviant Subculture" with Hannah and about 1,000 other people who I sort of know. We got off to a hot start by debating what is and isn't deviant and the girl next to me was very passionate about arguing that incest was not taboo in every single culture. It was weird but the class should be a lot of fun and vurry interesting.

Also, I dropped my "Japan Today" class because it was writing intensive and combining that with my TWO art history classes and everything else, it was too much. Plus, once I dropped that I bumped my Japanese class to an earlier time meaning I'm done by 1:40 as opposed to 5:30. Hurrah!

This morning I don't have class until 1:40 but I had to wake up at seven so I could go to Shinjuku and apply for my alien registration card and also get the government sponsored health insurance. It did not take as long as I anticipated so I had plenty of free time to get lost on my way to the university and then scan every single page of every book I need to read for this semester. Ya see, Temple Japan's bookstore is very tiny and thusly, none of the books I need for this semester are there for sale. Professors either tell you to order off of Amazon (no way) or scan the books in the library. I did the latter because you can scan the entire book as a .pdf file and send it to your e-mail for FREE. This did take over an hour to do all of them, but hey, I only ended up spending $40 on books this semester (my Japanese book + the corresponding workbook). Hurrah!

No photos for this post because I'm updating at the computer lab BUT this weekend should be fun, including a trip to Harajuku and Shinjuku. Wooop!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew its China. I hope you are having a good time in Japan.
I was wondering if you saw any crazy guys/girl with alot of makeup on and crazy hair and really colorful outfits.

Hannah Schulman said...

s omonty freeench friends tonight huh????????