Saturday, August 30, 2008

Foreign Foods: Calpis Soda and Coffee

Every now and then, I would like to highlight some food and drinks that I've eaten.

First off the bat:

This is called "Calpis Soda". There is also "Calpis Water". It tastes like a sweeter version of sprite and the liquid is milky white giving it the appearance of soap water. It was cheap so I down to experiment. I later found out it's like... vanilla yogurt flavored soda or something. Pretty good! Would get again.


ORIGINAL BLEND. It's iced coffee. In a can! For only 55 yen (like... 50ish cents basically). So delicious. Plus it's the cheapest close thing I can find to coffee and it's in every vending machine. Vending machines are basically everywhere and filled with really delicious drinks and snacks. I haven't seen any ZANY vending machines like with used panties and what not. In due well time, I'm so very sure.

Also, I accidentally drank barley tea. It's really gross and I'm very disappointed. But it was also really cheap.

ALSO: The Seven Elevens are mad classy here and I plan on buying my lunches there ( a very filling lunch is only 400 yen / $4.00 ).

No comments: